Privacy & Disclosures
As of July 1, 2001
RBCO is a firm engaged in the business of placing insurance risks with insurance companies, managing general agencies, brokers, syndicates and program managers (hereinafter collectively referred to as "markets"). We have relationships with in excess of one hundred markets. In some cases RBCO acts in the capacity of a managing general agency representing insurance companies. In some cases RBCO acts in the capacity of an insurance broker marketing a risk to various insurance companies. In all cases RBCO's direct customers are retail or other wholesale insurance agencies. Our indirect customers are the insurance buying public. RBCO does not directly deal with the insurance buying public. RBCO also is affiliated with Access Funding LLC ("Access"). Access is an insurance premium finance and commercial loan broker.
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates, from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Russell Bond & Co., Inc.
Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on your application or other forms, or by phone. This may include information such as your name, address, social security number, assets and income
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. This may include information such as products or services purchased, account balances, payment history, policy coverage and claims history
- Information we receive from reporting agencies. This may include information such as credit relationships and history, liens and leaseholders and motor vehicle reports
- Information provided to us by your independent insurance agent. This information may include any of the above listed information as well as updates to your policy(ies), claims information, and supplemental information required
- Information you provide us online and information we may obtain from "cookies", a browser feature we use to enhance the services provided on our web site.
Information We May Disclose
RBCO will not share nonpublic personal information about you with anyone except as permitted by law. We do not give nor sell your nonpublic personal information to third parties for any type of promotional or marketing purposes not related to RBCO or Access. We may share your nonpublic personal information with:
- The markets that assist RBCO in placing insurance risks for benefit of our (indirect) customers as represented by our affiliated insurance agents and brokers.
- Insurance premium finance companies or brokers, including our affiliate Access Funding, LLC, that may quote and/or provide financing on insurance policies originated by RBCO.
- Affiliated insurance agents and brokers who represent the insurance buying public.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security
We restrict access to nonpublic personal financial information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provides products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your nonpublic personal financial information.
Our policy regarding dispute resolution
This is not a solicitation in jurisdictions where we are not licensed or where the insurance producer does not hold the appropriate licenses. Insurers may be admitted or non-admitted in your state depending on the coverage, insurer and/or account characteristics. Not all products are available in all states.